| || || |
We recognize that privacy is important. This document outlines the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use IndiaTalks's services, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard information. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us. |
- Personal information and other data we collect
- We collect personal information when you register for our service or otherwise voluntarily provide such information. Information Indiatalks.in gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our site. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers' needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Because Indiatalks.in derives its revenue mainly from sponsorships, advertisement and/or donations, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential to keeping our service free to users. Under no circumstances does Indiatalks.in divulge any information about an individual user to a third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
- Users of IndiaTalks must register in order to post messages, although they need not register to visit the site and/or view most of the content. During registration the user is required to supply a username, password, date of birth and email address.
- Our site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking "E-mail this to a Friend". The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
- Indiatalks.in may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
- We may use personal information, voluntarily given by you, to provide the services you've requested, including services that display customized content and advertising.
- We may also use personal information for research and analysis to operate and improve our technologies and services.
- We may also share information with third parties only in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
- Your choices
- We make good faith efforts to provide you access to your personal information upon request and to let you correct such data if it is inaccurate and delete it, when reasonably possible.
View our Terms of Service (TOS). If you have additional questions regarding your privacy and IndiaTalks, please contact us.
All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:59 AM.